Archive for September, 2010
A plea and rallying cry for a new generation of freedom lovers! Now this is a slogan I can get behind! (Unlike the self serving plea of, “Don’t tase me, bro’!” shouted by a student who was resisting arrest)
Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not an anarchist. I just want to limit the government’s infringement on my life to those purposes outlined in the Constitution. And nothing more. Read the rest of this entry »
While walking a precinct with a candidate yesterday evening a couple of gentlemen saw the candidate’s flyer on their door and rode out on their scooters to find him and discuss various topics. The discussion eventually turned to Civil Unions. Since precinct walking is the candidate’s forum and not mine I kept my thoughts to myself. However this blog is my forum and now I get to empty my head on this issue.
So dear reader, I ask you:
- What constitutes a marriage?
- What constitutes a union?
- What historical precedents are there for alternative marriages and unions?
- Is history and/or religion important in defining marriage?
- Should national or state values be set and rigid or moveable and flexible?
- If we redefine marriage from traditional to non-traditional where should the new line be drawn?
I’ll look into these questions using our logical and economic tools and provide my thoughts and analysis. Read the rest of this entry »